| This panoramic print of Perkasie, Pennsylvania was drawn by Thaddeus Mortimer Fowler and published by T. M. Fowler & James B. Moyer in 1894. Perkasie was established in the 1870's along the North Branch Perkiomen Creek and incorporated as a borough in 1876. The region was a busy pasture and farming area, with Perkasie as its trading center. In 1880 Perkasie’s first newspaper, The Central News, began. In the 1890's, tobacco began to be grown to great extent and several cigar manufactories were established in Perkasie. The popular Boltz, Clymer & Co. was producing an average of 150,000 cigars per month in that era.
The map from 1894 includes labeled streets, buildings and railroad line.
Features numbered & lettered references to the following locations:
1. Public School.
2. Opera House.
3. Central News Office. Moyer & Kramer, Proprietors.
4. Perkasie Hotel. John Harr, Proprietor.
5. American House. P. S. Cressman, Proprietor.
6. Lumber & Coal Yard. Jos. G. Moyer, Proprietor.
7. Saw Mill. Jos. G. Moyer, Proprietor.
8. Montalto Coal Yard. Hunsicker & Freed, Proprietors.
9. Montalto Coal Hay Press.
10. Standard Hay Baling Co.
11. Hardware Store. Isaiah C. Brandt, Proprietor.
12. Jewelry Store. Samuel F. Stover, Proprietor.
13. Stoves & Tinware. A. D. Fehr, Proprietor.
14. Bakery. J. H. Daub, Proprietor.
15. Merchant Tailor. Z. T. Waltz, Proprietor.
16. Shoe Store. J. S. Solliday, Proprietor.
17. Drug Store. Dr. M. B. Dill.
18. Ready Made Clothing & Custom Tailor. H. O. Moyer, Proprietor.
19. General Store. Mahlon Keller, Proprietor.
20. General Store. J. A. Hendricks, Proprietor.
21. Boltz, Clymer & Co. Cigar Factory.
22. A. Roig & Langsdorf. Cigar Factory.
23. Menlo Park.
24. Perkasie Park. Camp Meeting Grounds.
25. R. R. Station.
A. Reformed Church.
B. Lutheran Church.
C. Evangelical Church.
D. Public School.
E. Lutheran & Reformed Church.
F. Evangelical Church.
G. Roller Flour Mill. Hunsicker & Freed, Proprietors.
H. General Store. H. F. Harpel, Proprietor.
I. Carriage Factory. J. M. Frantz, Proprietor.
J. Hotel Benjamin. H. K. Hunsicker, Proprietor.