| This panoramic print of Souderton, Pennsylvania was drawn by Thaddeus Mortimer Fowler and published by T. M. Fowler & James B. Moyer in 1894. Souderton was established as a stop along the North Pennsylvania Railway.
Early industries of Souderton, besides its valuable saw and flouring mills, included clothing factories, silk mills and a stocking factory.
The Union National Bank was established in Souderton in 1876 with $90,000 capital. The town was incorporated as a borough in 1887.
Cigar manufactories were prominent in Souderton during this era as well as a cigar box factory.
The map from 1894 includes labeled streets, buildings and railroad line.
Features numbered references to the following locations:
1. Public School.
2. Reformed Church.
3. New Mennonite Church.
4. Old Mennonite Church.
5. Souderton Hotel. D. H. Meyers, Proprietor.
6. Main St. Hotel. John Q. Hunsberger, Proprietor.
7. C. H. Moyer, Flour, Feed and Grain Dealer.
8. B. C. Brandt, Wholesale & Retail Hardware Store.
9. Souderton Independent. W. F. Goettler, Proprietor.
10. J. B. Frederick Shoe Store.
11. J. D. Leidy, Furniture, Coal & Feed Dealer.
12. H. S. Souders, Cigar Box Factory.
13. M. B. Bergy, Hosiery Mill.
14. Holly Bros. Hand Cheese Factory.
16. John F. Dietz, Bakery.
17. Hemsing & Son, Planing Mill.
18. Herman Funk, Organ Factory.
19. J. G. Hangey, Carriage Factory.
20. Wm. Souder, Saw Mill.
21. J. M. Landis & Co. General Store.
22. J. G. Hunsicker General Store.
23. S. D. Hunsberger, Coal & Feed Dealer.