| This aero-view print of Telford and West Telford, Pennsylvania was drawn by Thaddeus Mortimer Fowler and published by T. M. Fowler & James B. Moyer in 1894. Telford was settled by Europeans in the early 1700's. The community maintained as an agricultural trading town in its early years.
When the North Pennsylvania branch of the Philadelphia and Reading Railroad was built through Telford (then called County Line), the trading of agricultural produce increased. The railroad named their new station after civil engineer Thomas Telford and the town adopted the name.
Telford straddles the border of Montgomery and Bucks counties. Telford was incorporated as a borough of Bucks County in 1886 and West Telford was incorporated as a borough of Montgomery County in 1897.
West Telford possessed a shirt factory and a clothing factory and maintained two cigar manufactories during this era. The towns later merged into one.
The map from 1894 includes county line, labeled streets, buildings and railroad route. It features inset illustration of the County Line House. C. M. Hartzell, Proprietor.
Features numbered references to the following locations:
1. Public School.
2. Union Chapel.
3. County Line Hotel. C. M. Hartzell, Proprietor.
4. Telford Hotel. John M. Kuhn, Proprietor.
5. Reliance Hotel. H. L. Allebach, Proprietor.
6. M. S. Kulp & Bro., Feed, Coal & Lumber Dealers.
7. M. R. Shelly, Flour, Feed, Coal & Lumber Dealer.
8. J. H. & A. P. Gerhart. General Store.
9. J. W. Hoff. General Store.
10. J. D. Souder, Jr. General Store.
11. J. D. Souder, Breeder of Thoroughbred Poultry.
12. William G. Leidy. 5 and 10 Cent Store.
13. S. L. Detweiler. Grocery.
14. W. B. Butterwick. Marble Yard.
15. J. G. Godshall. Shirt Factory.
16. H. E. Wampole, Furniture Dealer.
17. A. B. Godshall. Bakery.
18. Post Office. John M. Hiltebeitle, Postmaster.
19. R. R. Station. R. S. Moyer, Station Agent.