Historic Railroad Map of the Southeast United States - 1884
Map of the Southern Express Company.
This outline map showing routes and stations used by the Southern Express Company was published in 1884 by Walker, Evans & Cogswell from information compiled by Alfred M. Richardson.
The Southern Express Company was a logistic company that operated in the late 1800's throughout the Southern States. The privately owned firm, based in Atlanta, Georgia, was in the service of transporting certain parcels and valuables during the American Civil War. At that time the routes were of great concern for both sides.
This map follows the railroad routes indicating important stations, whistle-stops, and railroad offices.
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.
- Museum quality paper for high-quality fine art.
- Ultra smooth, neutral white matte finish.
- Heavy-weight 230 gsm, 9.5 mil thickness.
- Printed with pigment inks for longer print life and enhanced fade resistance.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.